Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, business information, and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect the information you provide about others, such as when you refer a prospect. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your request unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Information We Automatically Collect When You Interact with Us
In some instances, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our website, such as access times, pages viewed, and links clicked.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies to collect information about you to help us improve your experience. We also work with third-party analytics providers that collect information about your use of our website. This information may be used to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand your online activity. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our webpage.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations and user experience surveys;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about new content, services, and features.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- You may opt-out of receiving certain communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt-out, we may still send you administrative emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Sharing of Information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, analytics, communications, and marketing.
- We may disclose personal information if required by any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will notify you unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about clients that we believe are improper.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with policies, that you have violated the law, or that it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Summar, our clients, the public, or others.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Summar is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide data protection levels that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights concerning their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt-out of any sales of your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by emailing us at email@example.com.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that the agent has a valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. That may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.